Friday, July 22, 2016

VALUE-FOR-MONEY Chinese Dinner in Alabang: CHAIRMAN WANG'S

There are a number of Filipno-owned restaturants that could pass off as franchises from abroad.   Chaiman Wang's  Prime Beef Noodle House in Molito, Alabang is one of them.

The exterior  dark stone  finish   softened by   warm white lighting gives Chairman Wang's  a  strong elegant feel.  When  Maita   prodded  me a few weeks back  to try the place,  I thought it was  expensive.  I was wrong.

The specialty of Chairman Wang's  is obviously beef noodle, which  was shared by Maita and my daughter Mira-- an order comes in a  big bowl  good for 2.  I could only take a  small sip of  the stock  given that    my genetics allows me only that much to take as  beef has high purine level.   But from the little I ingested,  I found  the soup   rich and tasty. The three of us shared (Sachi was still in her college dorm)  slices of radish cake that were topped by cilantro. For myself, I ordered the Fragrant Chicken with Spicy Eggplant.  I have never tried anything like that before, but it was  a pleasant surprise.

The fragrant chicken with shared order of beef noodle soup.

Radish Cake with Cilantro




There was  something remarkable  about the  house  tea.  It was not Jasmine but  it was  dark with a tinge of what seemed to be  red berry that had an understandably  fruity aftertaste.   And yes,  it was for free.

After dinner, I went around the place and gazed at the walls with black  wooden accents, and at the   huge chandeliers-- which our  food server said were directly imported from mainland China.

When the bill came, it was less than Ps 780, VAT and Service Charge included.  Given the ambience, the interiors,  and the innovative take on the traditional,   I considered the meal  value-for-money.  I knew  that I found  another personal  favorite Chinese restaurant in the South.

Check out Chairman Wang's on FB https://www.facebook.com/chairmanwangs/?fref=ts

And for value-for-money properties for sale in the Alabang area, check out www.rushdealph.com






No comments:

Post a Comment